Friday, August 26, 2005

No Bias Here

Is it just me or do the most successful bloggers act more and more like the commercial side of the MSM? Are they spending more and more of their time quoting each other and humping their own and each others latest book/appearance/personal exposure event? Good thing I’m not jealous. –grin-

Huge, huge, enormous difference is that there are literally hundreds of thousands of energetic bloggers yapping at their heels and one or two get elevated every single day, and often by the 'newMSM' folks. And if the MSM acted more like Michelle - Glenn - Hugh - Ed - and the Powerline menage and less like the NYT we would all be so much more informed. Aggressive is fine, cocky is fine, passion is both fine and encouraged, undiluted arrogance and self-promotion wears on one.

NYT Public Editor: “I can’t see any bias here.”
Public: “Mmmm buddy, it’s tattooed on your forehead.”
NYT Public Editor: “And can I see my forehead?! I cannot. Ergo, ipso facto, I can’t see any bias here.”

Famous Blogger1: "I will be appearing at 6:17:26 tonight on one of those networks I routinely blast. Filling in for me will be Hugh, whose book is an enormous hit as long as blog ponderers keep reading it. Filling in for Hugh will be Ann who oddly enough also has a book that you can buy here //link//, and guess what? Glenn will be on the show too, speaking about his other web site so guest blogging for Glenn will be Ed who is such a gifted speaker (sign him up here //link//) and Ed's blog often highlights the skills of Bryan who does such wonderful work with Michelle, buy their books here //link//."

But I guess pub is where you find it, buy it, or can put it, and blogging sure don't pay the Sarge nuttin', so God bless them. I'll just start skipping through their commercials too.

No comments: